Non governmental organization (NGO) is an organization which is established by a group of people to render service to the nation and people. NGOS should make audit of books of accounts every year. An auditor should perform following tasks while conducting audit of NGOS:
1.NGO has its own memorandum. S, an auditor should study it to know its activities.
2. NGOS may receive grant from foreign institutions. So, auditor should check whether it is received as per the provision of financial rules and regulations of the nation or not.
3. Auditor should check the use of government's grants and proper account is maintained for the recording of such grants or not.
4. If such institution has received donation from any individual or organization, an auditor should check accounting of such amount and its use.
5. Auditor should examine the amount received as subscription ratifying with counterfoils of the receipts.
6. Auditor should study the decisions taken by the executives.
7. Auditor should make physical verification of assets ratifying with store ledger.